The Tour takes place June 29-July 21

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Europe: Day 11 (July 15)

Today, we had a late morning bus ride from the city of Grindewald to La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland. We arrived at the hotel, where we quickly got ready for dinner in our uniforms and then performed our concert in the nicest performance hall so far, Musica Theatre. Since I have taken 3 years of French in school, I was invited to do some translating for announcements. They gave me a printout (in English) of things to say about a few of the pieces and I had to work out how to announce them in French to the concertgoers. I messed up quite a bit, since at the last minute, Terri, one of the bus leaders, asked me to introduce her dad, the Band Director. SInce I didn't really have time to get that written down on my sheet of paper, I pretty much had to come up with it off of the top of my head, so I stuttered and messed up quite a bit. There was a beautiful pipe organ in the background, and if you check on FB, I will post links of the picture we took there. This is the picture that will go on the front page of the brochure that is sent out to people that SOA is trying to recruit for next year's tour. After the concert, we packed up and headed back. Nothing much else really happened today, mostly travel, eating, then performing.

No comments:

Post a Comment