The Tour takes place June 29-July 21

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Europe: Day 2 (July 6th)

Today, I slept in and missed breakfast :( but I ate some of the granola bars that I brought with me. We had the whole morning free to wander the city, looking through little shops, tasting different bakeries, and talking to different people. I bought a fedora, which I am going to put pins on from each of the cities that we visit. One of the other kids (it's his 3rd time on the trip) came up with the idea, and I decided that I'd give it a try as well. Our group had some lunch at an Italian restaurant. We all had the same dish, "spaghetti bolognese,"  and none of us could finish it! Italians are rather generous with their portions! We also visited the Kriminal Museum, where they gave detailed descriptions of medieval torture methods. After tooling around town, we began setting up for our first concert and our only outdoor concert in the Market Square. The concert was not without several hiccups: we were missing a MIDI cable that allowed the synthesizer to play an electric bass sound. Additionally, there were wayyyy too few chairs for the entire audience, but hey, we were guaranteed a standing ovation! We heard the choir for the first time, and they sounded fantastic. They sang a song called Festival Sanctus, which I have played two years in a row for my highschool full orchestra concert during Christmas. I don't think our concert necessarily represented our full capability, but it was a pretty decent performance. After teardown, we went back to the hotel and got ready for dinner. After dinner, we were free to explore more of the city. We found this little playground and there was this huge table that spun around. I played on that until I started to feel sick, which probably wasn't the best idea. I then walked back to the hotel and began packing up for the ride to Innsbruck, Austria tomorrow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment