The Tour takes place June 29-July 21

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Europe: Day 13 (July 17)

After packing up the buses, we departed for the Chateau (Castle) of Fontainbleau. We were able to do a self-guided tour around the Chateau. Although the Chateau was really beautiful, I was pretty distracted about going to Paris later today, because today is my birthday! The ride to Paris was hard for me because I was so excited! Once we got there, we had some time for lunch, and then we met up with a tour guide and got back on the bus for a bus tour of Paris. I have to admit, although I enjoyed getting to go through the city, being on a bus for another hour was just about the last thing I wanted to do then. After the bus tour, we checked into our hotel and ate at a Paris restaurant. That night at dinner, I had my first legal drink of wine (I had a glass of Champagne) for my 16th Birthday! Before we left, all the SOA members sang happy birthday to me and it was really awesome. I got a lot of hugs, and so one of the chaperones suggested that to make some quick cash, I should charge 1€ for a hug and 5€ for a kiss. I got numerous hugs and a few kisses, (on the cheek) but decided not to collect on my fees. I guess I'm just a generous person. After dinner, we headed to the port where we got on a nice boat and took an amazing and relaxing cruise down the River Seine. The sky was so gorgeous and the weather was amazing. It was the perfect temperature, just windy enough to keep you cool but not enough to be annoying. I sat with lots of my friends and we took tons of pictures while passing some of the iconic buildings, such as the Eiffel Tower, Louvre Museum, Musée d'Orsay, the famous Notre Dame Cathedral, and several others. Tonight was such an amazing day, and everyone was so happy and kind and sweet to me. I honestly can't think of any possible way better to have a Sweet 16 than in Paris, France!

No comments:

Post a Comment